Tuesday, August 30, 2016

World Tournament × Techno Festival

Last Saturday, at exactly 20th of August, OSIS SMAN 3 Bandung held a sport tournament called World Tournament × Techno Festival, short as WTTF. When the announcement were being spread, the thought of boys and girls playing basketball or football (excluding me, because I couldn't do any sport. I would be watching just by the field.) couldn't help but came across my mind. I thought there would be endless boring hours of basketball or football matches one class versus another class.

Turned out that I was wrong. I was right about one class versus another class, but I was wrong about the basketball or football match. The tournament was all about teamwork. Two class were handled by two seniors for the whole day. Yes, the whole day. It started at 6.30 am and ended at around 3.00 pm.

Now here is where I'm gonna tell you the rundown, about what we did that day. Firstly, as I have said, all class X and XI were told to be at Lapangan Bali at 6.30 am. We wore same themed shirt per class. For your information, my class, X Science 9, had black as our shirt's color, which turned out to be used by the tournament's committees (we shouldn't use the same colored shirt with the committees, for fear that there would be misunderstanding.) So the night before the D-day, we all agreed to have additional accesories along the shirt. We tied gold ribbon across our wrist, and girls who wear hijab had soft pink as the color of their hijab.

The committees told us few rules, including one that obligate us to speak english throughout the day. One of our 'guide' was very funny, he tried to speak english his hard and he laughed at his own failure at searching for equivalent english words. I really liked the way that he made that tiring day more fun by his jokes.

After being told the destinations we should go to, we set off. First destination is Tongkeng Park, in which we built robot out of used materials. Unfortunately, class XI Science 9 (class which we were paired with) won the competition. Though I should agree that their creation is much more creative and pretty than ours. After, we went to Photography Park in which we played another game (I'm really sorry that I forget the name of the game, but it was indeed a really fun game). Then we walked back to school.

After few minutes of relax time, which I used for a light nap at the corridor, the tournament started again. To be honest, I don't remember precisely what we did at what time, remembering that we just got back from a long walk (for me, anyway) so I was tired and sleepy to the bones.

Though I remember that we watched a short movie about love and freedom. It's a rather touching story about a robot which was treated badly by its professor; the robot was forbidden to think on its own, was forbidden to show any love. In the end, the robot ran away from the professor and his project to fly and dance in the sky with its lover (who is also a robot, of course). It might sound silly and nonsense, but I personally really like the meaning behing the movie.

There was also an eating contest booth. Two people of each class competed to know who were the strongest in eating spicy food. The said spicy food took form in a plate of chili-red fried instant noodle. Even me, who didn't take part in this contest, could feel the spiciness from just seeing it. But luckily, we won! Two people from our class devoured the noodle more quickly than them. It's quite funny, actually, that we lost in a robot-making contest but won in an eating contest. We also won a gaming contest.

Nearing the end of the event, all of the participants were collected in Lapangan Bali. That time, it was Class of 2018 vs Class of 2019. All the puzzle each team had gotten from winning prior contests had to be piled orderly so that it made one big picture. Under the hot sun, each picture was being worked on by each team. Anddddd, the winner is Class of 2019!

With that, WTTF event ended. I got back home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment