Monday, January 9, 2017

Holiday 2016

Last holiday, which happened until two days ago, felt like a long break after around six months of studying. To be honest it's really hard to write this because I didn't exactly go anywhere for vacation. The two weeks holiday I use mainly for letting some steam off, which means: doze off for half the day, eat junk foods, read novels, watch movies, all repeated. It was an unproductive holiday but it was really nice to finally do nothing in a day.

Logically speaking, of course I didn't spend every single day of my holiday doing nothing. I actually went to some places and did some things.

1. In the first morning of 2017, my family and I went to Rancabuaya Beach in Garut. We didn't expect anything because the holiday season always make tourist places packed up. You know the saying about if someone expect the worst, the good will come to him? Well, that didn't match with our situation. The way to the beach was a long one and not easy to pass. We went past the mountains, and although the scenery was beautiful, I got very nauseous and chose to fall in deep sleep instead.

Arrived at the beach, Dad had trouble finding a spot to park. So, we circle the beach a few times and I know what was in everyone else's mind although they didn't say it. One, the beach was dirty. Seriously, everywhere you see, you'll see empty crushed Coke cans. Two, it was packed of throng. Three, this beach might not be worth the long way we just passed. But anyway, we played around by the beach for sometime (ps, only four of us got into the water because my brother and sister decided to be a wimp and just sat guarding our belongings, which was okay actually). 

After tidying up, we went back into the car. According to our itinerary, we would go to Santolo beach before going home for good. Unfortunately, here came another unfortunate thing. The road was jammed. We stayed in one spot for almost an hour! It was really depressing that we decided to forget the plan to Santolo beach and just go home. But (this was another unfortunate thing) Dad didn't seem to be in good condition to drive home straight away. His legs were weary and his head was dizzy. So, totally out of the blue, we checked in a hotel in Garut. I didn't bring more change with me, so I wear the exact same outfit until the next day when we got home.

2. My twin cousins stayed in our home for a week. They were three years old, a boy and a girl, and they are cute. I always say that I want little sibling, and now I finally got two. There isn't much to tell, because in that week we only played around with each other. I just wanted to write this because they are really cute, and good kids on top of that.

3. I read many new books. I sell some old books of mine to an online shop and got some money in return. I used that money to buy new ones to read for the holiday. Aside from reading books, I also watched many movies. Horror movies, mainly. I watched them with my two sisters at night almost every night of the holiday. Fun fact: one of my sister, Mbak Ra, is easily scared but she was the one who persuaded us to watch the movies. Throughout the scary scene, her body would shake really hard which totally irritated me and got me out of the mood. When the ghosts appeared (you know, that one slight second when the camera closed up at the ghost's face and the sound effect turned up really loud), she would banged her hands everywhere. Some of her punch landed on me, who is unfortunate enough to sit beside her for the whole movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment